Micaela is 24 weeks old!
Girls in robes
On Saturday the whole family went to the Green Bay Zoo
Riley liked checking out the monkeys
There were no real elephants but she liked this one
"Mommy, the peacock from Ardenwood Farm is here!"
Riley got to feed crackers to the giraffes, very cool. Check out that tongue!
On our way home we scoped out the enemy
My first Mother's Day with 2 girls
I made bananas foster french toast...I really need to work on my flambe technique, it wasn't very impressive but our brunch was still delicious
One of the best parts of my Mother's Day was when some of the neighbor girls rang the doorbell and asked if Riley could come out and play.
But probably the truly best part was when I got to relax with a book and a mimosa outside in our perfect weather
Its really hard to get them both looking at the camera at the same time
We went to a Korean restaurant for dinner that night. I have absolutely no idea how she did this, but Riley was able to eat edamame with her chopsticks. Chad and I were very impressed.
Riley was helping Micaela do a seek and find. She would say, "There's the purple one, good job Micaela, you found it!" Soooooo cute.
Riley is getting the hang of "Hide and Go Seek." Until recently she would stand in the middle of the room and say, "Come find me!" Now she's starting to hide behind curtains or furniture. The constant "Come find me!" still gives her away though.
I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. On Friday Chad came home with flowers in my favorite colors. Saturday we went to the Green Bay Zoo. Its only a 45 minute drive and is a very cute little zoo, we really enjoyed checking in out. Its definitely a good outing: not too far away and not too big for our little ones.
Sunday we went all went to church together then spent the rest of the day relaxing at home per my request. I made a fancy brunch then actually had a little time to read outside in the sunshine while Micaela napped, Riley played and Chad worked on his bike. That night we went out for dinner, it was nice to not cook or clean. I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend with my wonderful husband and the 2 little girls who have made me a mother. I'm especially grateful this year as I got to celebrate with another baby in our new home. I am very blessed!
1) So awesome that you can feed the giraffe!!
ReplyDelete2) Amazing that the "neighbor girls rang the doorbell and asked if Riley could come out and play" actually happens.
3) That's not a book.
4) You didn't know that I had secretly been teaching your child how to use chopsticks? Glad to see she is still practicing ;). Don't be shocked if she starts busting out some Cantonese when you go to a Chinese restaurant :D.
5) Your girls are too adorable!!! I miss them :(