Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thurs. May 10 - Nature Preserve

Micaela is 23 weeks old!

 Seamus is such a good sport, he plays pony to Minnie Mouse (at least Riley is following the rule "No riding the dog")

 The girls working on their mother's day gifts to their grandmothers

 "Look, Daddy is in the tree!" (Chad, stop teaching her these things!)

 Bringing Mommy a flower

 Fun with the whole family

 This week the girls and I went to Bulboz Nature Preserve, just a mile away from our house

 We like to find shapes in the clouds

 She is her father's daughter; rather than going up the steps she chooses the hard path

 The girls in nature

 Running down the trail

Riley spelled her name. I am impressed because she did start it with the right letter and has the approximate correct number of letters.




We continue to find new things to do in our new city. Just a mile north of us is a nice little nature preserve. Riley, Micaela and I spent a morning there exploring the trails and checking out the little center. Its great to have this so close to our house. 


We feel like Riley has suddenly developed in the last few weeks. She is linking things together, making connections, understanding a new level of humor and exhibiting a new level of understanding. For example, we watched "Beauty and the Beast" (again!) and all the sudden she said, "That's silly, drawers can't talk." All at once she questioned the enchanted objects, something she had never thought about before. She is also becoming more sensitive to others. We went to a kids cafe where she could play with other kids her age while I chatted with some other Moms. When we left she asked, "Did you make some Mommy friends today?" I knew she was concerned about making new friends herself, but I didn't realize she was concerned for me as well. She is such a special little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment