Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wed. Mar. 21, 2012 - Illinois part I: McLean

Hanging with the dogs

After a long day of travel it felt good to run around Grandpa Charlie's farm

Micaela's feet in the grass for the first time

We went to Sugar Creek Nature Center, just down the road from Dad's house

With Grandpa's help she made it to the top!

In a tree

Balancing on stumps

Grandpa Charlie, Micaela and Mommy

Crossing the creek

The horse-shaped tire swing was so cool!

She's up high!

Taking in the view of the plains

Riley loved the reading corner

Micaela meets Great Aunt Chris

Great Grandma Jean with her 2 great granddaughters

Micaela smiling for Great Grandma Jean

4 generations of Kelly's

Great Aunt Peg gave a wagon ride to Riley AND Great Aunt Chris!

Reading stories with Great Aunt Peg

Playing in the sandbox

Fun toys for everyone!


After leaving California the girls and I spent our first week with my Dad and Shelley in McLean, IL. Riley loved having all the space, she just ran and ran. They had toys, a sandbox and all kinds of fun things for the girls, so they both kept busy and happy. One day we went to Sugar Creek Nature Center, a little educational preserve, which we all really enjoyed. We also had a visit from Great Grandma Jean, Great Aunt Peg and Great Aunt Chris. It was so fun to see them, introduce them to Micaela and watch them entertain the ever-energetic Riley.

Overall it was a really good week but we did have some issues adjusting. It certainly didn't help that we all came down with a cold right before we left CA, but that was only part of it. Micalea woke up more often than usual during the night, I think she was just trying to take in her new surroundings. Unfortunately Riley also woke up at least once every night. Sometimes she woke up coughing, sometimes she was confused about where she was, sometimes she just wanted Mommy because she was missing Daddy. Between the 2 of them I didn't always get a lot of sleep, so I was very thankful to have help during the day. I was very impressed with how well they did despite the huge changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment