Friday, April 20, 2012

Thurs. Apr. 19, 2012 - Settling in


Micaela is 20 weeks old!

Our first kitchen project in the new house: magic monkey bananas. Riley read about them in a book and wanted to copy them exactly, including having the help of a stuffed monkey named "Arnold" 

They were delicious

All bundled up for a trip to the park 

 Riley had to learn how to put on mittens!

I had a tea party with Minnie Mouse!

Riley helped me put together a new exersaucer for Micaela

It took us 2 days but we finished it and Micaela loves it!

Our first trip to the Appleton Public Library. They have a nice kids section, with cute little train cars in which to read.

Grandma Cheryl gave Riley a Longaberger tea party set. Riley feels very grown up using a breakable set

Everyone loves the sunroom

Taking time to smell the flowers...

...then off and running!

"Walk softly and carry a big stick." Well, Riley doesn't do anything softly.

The packing paper has provided Riley with a lot of entertainment

It didn't take Chad long to get the garage organized so both vehicles can be parked inside.


Its hard to believe its only been 2 weeks since we moved into our new house. Chad and I can't stand living out of boxes so we have both worked very hard to get things unpacked and put away. There is still a lot of organization to be done but we only have a few boxes left. Its so nice to able to access all our things...when we can remember where we put them. 

The girls and I have spent some time exploring the area. Last week I went to a babywearing moms gathering. I love carrying Micaela in various carriers and wraps and did the same with Riley, so I really enjoyed meeting other moms and sharing ideas. There were a ton of kids and Riley had an absolute blast meeting new friends and playing with kids her age. We have checked out the neighborhood park a few times and made our first trip to the library this week. I intended to make it in time for storyhour but a road was closed and I got lost on the way so we were too late. We still had a fun time and came home with some books and a new library card.


It was gorgeous this weekend so everyone was out and about and we met a lot of our neighbors. One family even brought over a coffeecake, people here are so nice. Everyone was very friendly, we are really excited to live in this neighborhood.

Our big project of the week was putting together an exersaucer for Micaela. I thought it would simply involve attaching a bunch of toys to the tray and would be fun for Riley and I to do together during Micaela's nap. HA! I hadn't factored in all of the springs and screws that would need to be put together to attach the base and bouncy tray so it became a 2 day ordeal. But we finished it and now Micaela has a fun new toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment