Micaela is 16 weeks old!
Micaela is 17 weeks old! (our regular bear was waaayyyy too big to bring in a suitcase)
Micaela is 18 weeks old (I think this is the first time I've ever missed a bear picture. Oh well, I had other things going on!)
Micaela is 19 weeks old!
Riley's brand new big girl bed. She picked out the colors herself!
Our first meal in our new house at our new table
Saturday was the first night we spent in the house; Sunday morning the Easter bunny was up early hiding eggs
Rushing down the stairs to see what the Easter bunny brought her and her sister
Baskets!
In just 3 days we've read "Purplicious" 1 million times. That bunny really knows how to please.
That crazy bunny even remembered Seamus
Finding the first egg
Micaela had her eyes on the grass looking for eggs, too
Taking a break for a peep
C'mon Seamus, use your superior sense of smell to sniff out some eggs!
Filling her basket
Chad hasn't mowed in 15 years...he was a little out of practice but it soon came back to him (lesson: mow perpendicular to the hill so you don't have to push the mower up it!)
It took less than 24 hours for Riley to create a complete disaster in the playroom. And we haven't even unpacked all the toys yet!
Micaela loves Seamus and he is very good with her
Somehow Micaela has mastered rolling from back to tummy in the last few days. This is very early, but we've always thought she seemed very strong for her age. Unfortunately she doesn't always pay attention to where she is rolling and ends up rolling into a wall or a dog or something.
Sorry I haven't been blogging on my regular Thursdays, I've had limited internet access, time and energy these last few weeks. Its been a crazy time but we made it to Wisconsin and we're all moved in to the new house! The rest of our stay in Illinois was good; I'll give more details as I post pictures over the next few days. On Wednesday Cheryl and Leon drove the girls and I up to Wisconsin (Chad had started work the previous Friday so he was already there), we closed on our new house on Thursday morning and the semi full of our stuff arrived on Friday. Our days since then have been a frenzy of unpacking, running to stores, deliveries and installations. We're still living in chaos but settling in. Riley loves the new house. She's very happy with her new bedroom and having a whole room just for her toys. She's so enamored by the novelty of it all she's been even more self-entertaining than usual. Micaela, as always, is completely mellow and just taking it all in. Despite lots of travel, sleeping in 3 different houses, a hotel room and now our new place, both girls are adjusting very well.
Chad and I are adjusting well too. Georgia Pacific is keeping him busy already. He's had countless meetings, getting to know his new team and on-boarding, and training. There is lots to learn but I know he'll be amazing at his new role. I'm slowly getting to know the area; today I got lost walking around our neighborhood but eventually found my way back home. As is their reputation, the people of Wisconsin have been extremely friendly. Everyone in the stores are so helpful, people on the street say hi, its really nice. We've met a few neighbors and they all seem very friendly as well. Today I met a woman who lives across the street and she was telling me how kid-friendly our neighborhood is. Unbelievably she has a 3 year old daughter and a 3 month old daughter as well! I'm happy Riley and Micaela will be able to make new friends.
Yay for pictures!! Glad to hear you guys are adjusting well! Is that Maker's, wine, AND Smirnoff on the dining table??
ReplyDeleteOf COURSE you would notice that Miriam! Actually its madera, wine and Smirnoff on the table. Hey, the move was rough! We're still finding a place for everything and next to my place setting seemed like a pretty good spot for those items.
ReplyDeleteI am still holding out that Keeva and Seamus will meet one day;) Greater probability of an encounter now that he is in WI. House looks so cool! Can't wait until I can visit again.
ReplyDelete