Another busy but wonderful week for the Freese family. On Friday Riley had her preschool Christmas pageant. It was completely adorable. The older kids (4-5 year olds) acted out the story of Jesus' birth and the younger kids sang songs at various points during the play. Riley had been practicing the songs at home for months so I knew she knew the words but she didn't sing much; there was just too much going on. She watched the action going on behind her, played with her friends and did her own little dance during the closing prayer. Too funny! She really enjoyed being on stage and it was a great experience for us all.
We also visited Santa this week. The way Riley fearlessly ran up to him amazed me. We didn't have to coax her up to his lap and there were no tears. Santa Claus was very friendly and was happy to hold our 2 week old baby. Micaela slept through the whole thing, even when she was transferred to his lap, but I'm sure she'll receive everything on her Christmas list.
Micaela got her first bath this week. Riley was a great big sister. She held Micaela's hand to comfort her and helped get her all clean. We are going to have so much fun with these girls.
This is Chad's last week at home on paternity leave, he returns to work on Monday. We will all miss him so much. He and Riley have had a lot of adventures so I could get extra sleep and constantly feed our newborn. Micaela has really bonded with him and he has such a calming effect on her. I have no idea how I'm going to get all 3 of us dressed and out the door 3 days a week for preschool. I feel very lucky that his job allowed him to spend 4 weeks at home with us: 1 week before our baby was born because I was so late then 3 wonderful weeks to spend as a family.
I can't wait to see my girls!!! They are so precious!
ReplyDeleteI love the one of Chad painting Riley's nails! What a good daddy!!
ReplyDelete@Amy, we are all so excited to see you, too. Just a few more weeks!
ReplyDelete@Sarah, I never thought I'd see Chad perform a manicure. He's accepted that he is surrounded by girls and is an EXCELLENT Daddy!