I'm 36 weeks old!
The girls cuddling by the fire at night
Notice that Riley is all bundled up while her silly Daddy is in shorts! This is something I remember about Chad in college...I'd be freezing at November Marching Illini rehearsals and he's walking around in shorts.
Riley is developing a strong sense of what she wants and doesn't want. She wants to feed herself, sometimes she doesn't want to lay down, etc. This can lead to frustration when she can't communicate her desire and we guess wrong, but its great to see her grow.
We squeezed in one last camping trip to the Sierra Nevada mountains before the snow begins. It was a little cold at night, but we stayed warm and Riley had a great time. Our last camping trip was in July, and she has definitely changed since then. Last trip she didn't mind where she slept and would fall asleep in our arms by the fire and slept without any problems in the tent. This time, she woke up in the tent, didn't know where she was, and got very upset. Luckily she calmed down and got back to sleep. The second night, after we had played in the tent and she recognized her surroundings, she slept soundly. She really does enjoy being outside. She loved looking at the trees, sitting near our campfire, and hiking around. She's already an accomplished outdoors girl!
You guys are my role model family!! Great pictures and looks like a very fun camping trip! I hope Eric and I have a little outdoorsy girl just like Riley! (some day) ;)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sarah
You are too funny! I'm not sure if RIley is ACTUALLY an outdoorsy girl, its just that she has no choice right now. Chad and I were just saying that camping is a lot different with a baby, but its so much fun and we love it. We hope we'll be able to keep it up!
ReplyDeletesarah, i think you mean you hope we have an outdoorsy boy... ;)
ReplyDeleteha ha ha, you two have a lot to figure out!!!
ReplyDelete