Thursday, April 30, 2009

12 weeks

I'm 12 weeks old!


Aunt Amy!  You're back!


Seamus enjoyed his visit with the Grandparents


What a beautiful day for a picnic at a winery


Riley is so well behaved on her outings


Great Grandpa John, Mommy, Riley, Aunt Amy, Great Grandma Charlotte


Family portrait


Her onsie says "Grandpa's Sweetheart;" she certainly is!


A bottle from Great Grandma


Riley loves her Great Grandparents!


I can't believe our baby is 12 weeks old!  This has been a huge week for Riley: visitors, baptism,winery, trips to the park, lots of fun.  I forgot to mention, almost 2 weeks ago she rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time.  She's done it a few times since then, so I guess it wasn't a complete accident but another developmental milestone.  

One thing that amazes us about Riley is her attention span.  She has certain toys that she likes, and when we are engaging her with one of these she will watch them, touch them, and listen to them for long periods of time.  She sits and looks at the pictures while we read her books.  Over her crib is a mobile that plays music and has 3 colorful animals that spin in a circle.  She will follow these animals as they move in a circle and talk to them (I really wish we knew what she was saying to them!) for 45 minutes at a time.  Her fussy time is the early evening and if nothing else calms her, we put her in her crib and she immediately stops fussing and stares at these animals.  

Riley had a wonderful visit with relatives this week.  Aunt Amy returned and was amazed at how much she has changed.  We feel like she learns new things every day, so it was shocking to Amy to see the changes that had accumulated over 2 months.  Great Grandma Charlotte and Great Grandpa John also made the trip out to CA to see their first great grandchild, and she loved spending time with them.  They played and talked all day, it was wonderful to see them all together.    

3 comments:

  1. I miss her so much already! (and you guys too!) Her little coos are so sweet. When I was there she was telling me how I was her favorite Aunt by the way. She's so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the family portrait!

    We gotta get out there soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - yes, you are her favorite aunt. And that has nothing to do with being her ONLY aunt!

    Sarah - yes, you must visit soon!

    ReplyDelete