Tristan is 12 weeks old!
Logan is 12 weeks old!
Adding sprinkles to the mini cupcakes Micaela and I baked to bring to her class for her birthday
Micaela has a very fun preschool room
The whole family waiting to see Riley at a special school assembly
Proudly displaying her Soar Award
How nice that Grandma Cathy was here too!
Baking muffins with Grandma Cathy
Lots of turkey artwork
Even with extra hands in the house to help with the twins, this is how I cook
All smiles when Aunt Amy arrived
Daddy grilled a beautiful turkey
Tristan, Mommy, Logan and Aunt Amy
Time for pumpkin pie
Delicious!
Everyone had a great Thanksgiving
The holidays have arrived! Grandma Cathy came to stay for the whole week, which was quite a treat. The girls loved having grandma with us and I appreciated having help with the twins. I caught myself, Riley and Micaela up on haircuts, dental appointments (Micaela's first one, she did great) and other random errands. On Tuesday Micaela brought cupcakes to her classmates to celebrate her birthday. She very proudly told her teachers that she baked and decorated them herself with a little help from Mommy. On Wednesday we were invited to the Houdini School assembly to see Riley be presented with a special Soar Award. She was chosen because she is respectful to everyone, she is a good listener and she eagerly shares her knowledge (I'm almost scared to know what that last part includes). We are so very, very proud of her.
Thanksgiving day was full of food and family. Aunt Amy joined us and along with Grandma Cathy we made all the appetizers, sides and desserts we could possibly want to go along with Chad's perfectly grilled turkey. I'm happy we could spend this time together.
I truly have so much to be thankful for this year. I am beyond grateful to all our family, friends and neighbors who visited over the spring and summer to help us prepare for the babies and help me pass the time as I grew anxious (and bigger and bigger and bigger). Thanks to everyone who sent encouraging texts, emails and called to cheer me on, I really needed it to get through those challenging final weeks. And to everyone again after the babies were born, helping us get through those first few months and bringing us meals. I am thankful for my healthy pregnancy and delivery that resulted in our 2 amazing, healthy little boys. I am so happy that our 2 little girls have lovingly welcomed them into our family despite all the changes that have happened. I am beyond blessed to have Chad be my partner in all of this, supporting and helping us all and being a calming presence at all times. Thanksgiving was a good day to reflect on all of this and realized how blessed I am.










No comments:
Post a Comment