Tristan is 15 weeks old!
Logan is 15 weeks old!
I was thrilled to spend an afternoon with Henry
Snuggles with Great Aunt Peg
"A Charlie Brown Christmas"
They have discovered their hands
Beautiful big blue eyes
Aunt Peg brought an Olaf craft
Riley's kindergarten class does some amazing projects including this gingerbread girl and gingerbread house
This was a really hard week. Riley, who almost never gets sick, started running a high fever, a cough, headaches and was exhausted. Chad and Micaela came down with the same symptoms just 2 days later. Normally this wouldn't be a huge cause for concern except this sounded like the flu. With not 1 but 2 high-risk infants the pediatrician wanted to confirm whether or not it was the flu and if it was, start the boys and I on preventative tamiflu since it can be dangerous to such young babies. Chad went in for a simple nasal swab which turned out to be quite unpleasant. But he was negative so they just had the worst cold and fever. Unfortunately he had to fly to Atlanta for work so he has been very slow to recover. But fortunately the twins and I never did catch this. Tristan had a runny nose for a day or 2 and I was worried that he might have gotten it too but he seems to have fought it off. Its going to be a long cold and flu season, trying to keep these little babies healthy with all the "gifts" their big sisters bring home.
It was a huge relief that Aunt Peg had already planned to come and help me with the kids while Chad was away. I had no idea how much help I was going to need since the girls weren't sleeping well and just weren't themselves. She was so great to jump into the fire and take care of everyone and everything. The boys warmed right up to her and the girls had an excellent time. The next time she visits hopefully we'll all be healthy and ready to party! But I'm not making any promises; every day over the last 2 weeks one-third of Riley's class has been out sick. Kindergarteners are just too good at sharing (germs)!





Oh man I can't imagine Riley getting sick. I remember she got sick once and it was BAD. Hope everyone will be healthy for the rest of the LONG winter!
ReplyDelete