Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Nov. 20. 2014 - when the system breaks down


Tristan is 11 weeks old!

 Logan is 11 weeks old!


 Logan smiling

 Tristan smiling (I couldn't get 2 smiles in 1 picture)

 Riley is a Daisy Scout

 Poor sick Micaela slept on the floor outside the bathroom

 To cheer her up we let her open a birthday package early



The boys are growing and developing so quickly. They both have much better control over their movements and are talking a lot. Every morning I get a huge smile from each of them and it is the best way to start my day. They are sleeping pretty well on most nights and twice they have simultaneously slept 6 hours. I was a whole new, well-rested person the next day. I feel so lucky to have such happy little babies.

However, this week the moment we've dreaded happened: one of the girls got sick. Poor Micaela was up all night throwing up and our entire system went into a tailspin. Chad slept next to her on the floor by the bathroom that night. The next day she got lots of cuddles, but it was tough to give her all the attention she needed since I also had 2 infants. One of our amazing neighbors drove Riley to and from school. It was a rough 24 hours but we got through it. Very happily no one else caught the bug. Riley rarely gets sick, Chad and I probably avoided it through constant hand washing and I'm guessing the breastfeeding helped protect the boys. This was a good reminder of why I do it, to pass immunity along to them when they are so young and vulnerable. Plus, I don't like washing bottles, I can't imagine how many would be generated by 2 babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment