Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thurs. Oct. 30 - the falling leaves

 Tristan is 8 weeks old!

 Logan is 8 weeks old!

 The last outdoor Farmer's market was windy but included trick-or-treating so no one complained. Some of the stands gave the kids apples or carrots, I loved it.

 The twins slept through the excitement

The best way to walk around outside




  Micaela!



 Riley!

Daddy!

 I found a forgotten carrot as we were cleaning out the garden. It was surprisingly delicious

 Riley's Daisy Scout troup at the girl scout Halloween party



We are enjoying activities that come with fall, especially jumping in leaves and Halloween festivities. This week I was able to volunteer during Riley's Halloween party at school. I feel very lucky that her teacher is understanding and let me bring Tristan and Logan to the classroom since I don't have anyone available to babysit 2 newborns. They slept through the entire party so I was able to help with the ghost craft, cookie decorating and a game. After a snack the kids divided into groups and the parents read them the books each child had brought that was related to his or her halloween costume. A little fox in my group brought Dr. Seuss's tongue twister "Fox in Socks." Nothing like a reading challenge in front of a bunch of kindergarteners! But it was better than reading "Frozen" for the millionth time which was brought in by the many "Elsa's" in Riley's class.

I'm happy to report that Riley's teacher had nothing but good things to say at the fall conference. I was concerned because Riley brings home half-finished papers almost every day. I wasn't sure if she didn't understand the work, couldn't do it, or couldn't finish in the allotted time, maybe because she was playing instead of working. It turns out I'm a typical overly-worried parent. Mrs. Vosters said that Riley doesn't finish her own work because she is always helping her friends with theirs. She is very friendly, plays with all of her classmates and everyone in the class really likes her because of her personality. What a sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment