37 weeks!
They love the tire swing
Big sister pushes little sister when Mommy gets too tired
Our neighbors dropped their daughter off at college and the Dad had to mow for the first time in many years; apparently he's forgotten how.
Daddy is so flexible
Finally, tomatoes!
Painting on a rainy day
I have my own portable table
Twins are considered full term at 37 weeks and we hit that on Monday. I am thrilled! As soon as I found out I was carrying 2 babies my goal was to make it to 37 weeks. Honestly, it was one of those times when I aimed high, not actually expecting to achieve it, just get close. I worked very hard to have a healthy pregnancy, had a wonderful support system and we made it. I'm very optimistic that we will have 2 healthy, good-sized babies. Of course now the problem is getting them out. At my check-up this week they appeared very healthy and content.
This week has been pretty tough with lots of pain and exhaustion. Chad has been great, helping more around the house so I can just sit and even coming home early today to help me with dinner. We're lucky to have wonderful neighbors who invite the girls over for tea parties and lunch to give me a break and they have even brought over a few meals already so I don't have to worry about food. I am very happy that the twins have had so much time to grow but I didn't realize how different this pregnancy would be. I'm extremely appreciative of all the support I have to help me through this.
Of course all of this is happening the week before school starts so we've had some very busy days. Both girls had "Meet and Greet" at their new schools. We got to meet their teachers, bring in all their supplies and get comfortable in their new rooms. I really like Riley's kindergarten teacher. She is very experienced and I think her style will suit Riley well. She is very excited. Today we met Micaela's teachers, who are very caring and energetic, and spent a little time playing in her new room. She was a little shy at first but got excited when she joined her new classmates on the playground. Riley and I left for a little while to give Micaela some practice of being dropped off and her teachers said she did great. Hopefully the first day of school will go as smoothly.




No comments:
Post a Comment