Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thurs. Aug 21, 2014 - man nesting

 The fountain at Houdini Plaza on a beautiful Farmer's Market Saturday morning

 Relaxing on the lawn with our farmer's market purchases

Daddy bikes the girls to the market every Saturday and they love it when he goes off-roading

 I thought we wouldn't have to lock the liquor cabinet for years; I hadn't counted on needing to lock the craft cabinet. On a related note, we are out of glitter.


 Parents are not allowed to park in the school lot so one of my thoughtful neighbors talked a school secretary into a special pass for me so I won't have to park down the street to take Riley to school

Aunt Amy made these beautiful princess dresses and mounted them in shadow boxes; they look perfect over Micaela's bed 

 The nursery is ready to go

 It seems very full with 2 cribs

The view from the back of the minivan; it also seems very full with 4 carseats

 Its Door County cherry season so of course the girls and I made cherry pies (Riley was not in the mood for a picture)

36 weeks. I feel like the most hugely pregnant woman on the planet.


This weekend Chad completed his "man nesting" (his words). Every swing, vibrating chair and mobile has new batteries. Pictures are hung, bassinets assembled and carseats installed. We had planned to wait until the twins were born to install the carseats in the minivan since the big girls are in the back row and its hard for me to get back there to help them buckle in. However, I'm driving the car again. Its difficult to hoist myself into the minivan so Chad and I have traded vehicles and now the minivan is stocked with 4(!) carseats.

At my checkup this week my OB determined that the babies continue to thrive. They seem very content with no signs of making an appearance in the immediate future. I'm also healthy despite feeling every discomfort of being huge and near the end of a twin pregnancy. I'm thrilled to be 36.5 weeks. 37 weeks is considered full term for twins so we're almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment