A girlfriend invited me over to make egg rolls and pot stickers, 2 of my cravings
Its cherry season, so we made some delicious fresh turnovers
Micaela was thrilled that her hair could be styled into a princess bun
35 weeks
Strawberry Shortcake
Both girls love wrestling with Daddy (in case you can't tell, that's Riley)
This week was very busy getting ready for back to school. Its hard to believe Riley will be starting kindergarten in just a few weeks. I wanted to make this time special for her so she and I spent Monday together, just us. We went out for lunch at a restaurant of her choice (Panera) and then went shopping. She chose all her folders, a new backpack, everything on the list. Then she picked out a new outfit for her first day. It was fun but I had no idea back to school shopping was so exhausting and expensive! Then I spent most of the night labeling everything. We both really valued this day together and I will make sure we always have special times like these in the future.
We have decided to send Micaela to preschool/day care 2 days a week. With 2 newborns, I don't think we'll get out on many toddler playdates. Honestly I don't think we'll get out of the house at first so this will give her a chance to have some fun and socialize with kids her age. She's excited about starting her own school. She will get to visit her new room and teacher the week before school starts, hopefully it will go well.
Of course, without knowing when the twins will arrive, the beginning of school could be a very crazy time for all of us.




No comments:
Post a Comment