We wanted a chance to celebrate Chad's 40th birthday with his parents so we started partying in the beginning of July
Cheryl brought all kinds of fun decorations
He was surprised, especially since his birthday isn't for a few more weeks
Chad and all his girls
Micaela, Grandma Cheryl, Chad, Grandpa Leon and Riley
A fun biking lawn ornament
Daddy had lots of help as he opened the BBQ Guru automated temperature controller for his Komodo
All of us went out for a nice dinner at one of Chad's favorite restaurants
Our new fridge/freezer arrived this week and I immediately started filling it with meals for when the babies arrive; 6 chicken pot pies
Cedarburg City Hall
A historic church
I haven't spent as much time in the garden as I should and this radish really got away from me
Riley's final day of sports sampler was golf
My assistant helping me shell peas
They were beautiful, sweet and delicious
All the aches and pains and extra doctor appointments are instantly worth it when I see this on the ultrasound
This week we had a visit from Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Leon. The girls had a great time playing with their grandparents and I kept them busy with baby prep. Grandma Cheryl folded some of the endless laundry baskets of baby clothes and Grandpa Leon accompanied me on an epic Sam's Club run, pushing the cart, picking up all the heavy cartons then loading and unloading it all in the minivan.
They also brought birthday gifts and decorations to celebrate Chad's 40th birthday which is later this month. He was surprised to see the cake and transformed house when he got home from work. We enjoyed a nice dinner out and he received some awesome gifts, including an automated temperature controller for his Komodo. He will now be able to monitor his grill and meat temperature wirelessly which will be very convenient when he slow cooks pork shoulder for 18 hours. No need to get out of bed! We had a wonderful visit with them.
This weekend one of our friends gave us an early 10 year anniversary gift...watching the girls overnight so we could get away. Chad and I spent the weekend in Cedarburg, WI, a quaint little town just north of Milwaukee. We walked around the downtown, shopped, had a great night's sleep and enjoyed some kid-free conversations and meals. I don't know how this is possible but it was the first night I've spent without at least 1 child in 5.5 years and I'm so glad we were able to do this. Riley and Micaela had a wonderful time with Shellie and TJ and we feel reassured that they will be very happy when we need to spend some time in the hospital.
I'm in my 31st week and getting very big and uncomfortable. I have good days and bad days when I'm really tired and don't know how I'll keep doing this. I was having one of those days on Tuesday when I had an OB appointment (I see him weekly now) and ultrasound. The babies are growing and doing amazing. Baby A is 3 lb 14 oz and Baby B is 4 lb 3 oz, both over the 50th percentile for singletons! My blood pressure and weight gain remain good and I'm very thankful that I'm having such a healthy twin pregnancy. My doctor reminded me that being only 5'2" and carrying twins is quite a challenge and I'm doing great. He was very reassuring. Then to see the beautiful face of Baby B so clearly is all I need to keep me going.








1) OMG Chad is turning 40!! Happy birthday to my birthday twin (who is WAY older than me :P)!
ReplyDelete2) I love how you guys decorate. I think I'm going to start doing that (too late for mine but we'll start with my mom which is only in a couple weeks!).
3) I never did get to try your pot pies, or Chad's pork shoulder....
4) I don't like peas, but Skiff said it's because I've never had fresh peas.
5) Twin B!!! I'm DYING to find the sex of the babies. I will be patient. 7 more weeks right? Hopefully. I can't wait! So excited for you!
You should definitely decorate for birthdays, its fun! Sorry you never got a pot pie or pork shoulder. Just come to WI and I'll give you both! Fresh peas are awesome and taste nothing like frozen or canned peas, they are so sweet the girls love them. I can't wait to see what these babies are too! We're down to less than 6 weeks, yay!
ReplyDelete