When Daddy is the hairstylist
Aunt Winnie and Riley put candles on my cake
Celebrating with my family
Luckily I had help blowing out those candles
The girls!
My wonderful husband brought home tulips for my birthday. If he can find tulips in WI surely spring is coming, right?
That night we had a fire
Everyone relaxed and enjoyed our evening
Time for another art project
Lots of green paint and glitter
Shamrocks for our windows!
One day Riley wanted to play with boots
So of course Micaela had to join in
The vegetable garden at our children's museum is so cool
Big sister showing little sister the birds
To celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday (which also happens to be March 2), we went to a special story hour with the Cat in the Hat!
Both girls paid close attention
Riley with the Cat; Micaela wanted nothing to do with him
Making her own red and white striped hat
Micaela preferred to build blocks instead
Nice hat!
Riley misses Clifford, her worm from outside, so she made a whole army of Cliffs
I loved Happy Joe's when we lived in Princeton, I had no idea it was a chain!
When Daddy is away we girls have special treats like ice cream sundaes
This week we celebrated my birthday. I don't feel 37, am I really this old? It was a perfect birthday. Chad and the girls gave me wonderful gifts to let me know that spring really will come at some point: tulips, chocolates (to help me survive the rest of winter) and a gorgeous pink Kate Spade bag. I was very excited to have Mom and Aunt Winnie come up to help us celebrate. On Saturday we went shopping. We've been in the house for almost a year and I still haven't hung a thing on our living room walls and I really wanted to fix this. I knew I could rely on these expert shoppers and decorators, we found great pieces. Chad went biking at his indoor mountain bike park so he was ready to hang them all when he got home. We now have a lovely, homey-feeling living room.
Saturday night, instead of going out, I wanted to stay home and make a nice dinner. Chad grilled vegetables and steak fajitas while Mom, Winnie and I traded off chopping the toppings, making salsa verde and entertaining the kids. The result was an amazing dinner, accompanied by margaritas of course. Followed by 3 layers of chocolate cake and chocolate mousse topped with chocolate ganache...my dream dinner.
Chad has been Atlanta this week so I've kept the girls extra busy. We made shamrocks in anticipation of St. Patrick's Day and went to a special Dr. Seuss story hour with The Cat in the Hat. Tonight we went to dinner at Happy Joe's. This was one of my favorite restaurants from my childhood, I was so excited to find one in Appleton. The girls enjoyed the pizza but everyone's favorite was the icecream.
No comments:
Post a Comment