Micaela is 46 weeks old!
Preschool field trip to Cuffs Farms
Riley was so excited to ride a yellow school bus for the first time
Which pumpkin to choose?
Playing in the corn field
Riding the wagon with her friends
Class picture
Micaela hanging in the leaves
Lots of leaves to rake
Riley's first jump into a pile of leaves
Micaela really didn't see the appeal
But she was willing to help rake
Riley loved the leaves
Cutie!
My little pastry chef is very intent on decorating her cookies
Halloween cookies to thank our neighbors for taking care of the mail while we were gone
The girls love getting pulled around in the bike trailer, even when they have to bundle up a little more
Those are some stylish thigh-high boots
We spent last week recovering from the flu and vacation. Chad had another business trip right after we returned so the girls and I did our best to get back into our routine. Riley had her first preschool field trip to Cuffs Farms. She was so excited to finally ride a yellow school bus (I chaperoned but had to follow in the car since Micaela was tagging along). They sang songs on the bus and I truly think that may have been the highlight of the trip for her. At the farm we took a hayrack ride out to the fields where each child chose 2 gourds, 2 mini pumpkins, 2 indian corn and 1 pumpkin. All the kids had fun and it was really nice to spend the morning getting to know Riley's classmates and their parents.
The big tree in our backyard which had turned gorgeous colors before we left for Florida lost all its leaves while we were gone so Riley, Micaela and I did a little raking and playing in leaves. We didn't have a yard or seasons in CA so Riley had never jumped in a pile of leaves before. She had a blast. It was great to watch her experience this fantastic childhood moment.
1) I forgot that Riley didn't get a chance to go on a field trip while you were still here in CA!
ReplyDelete2) How cold is it there? Everyone is bundled up! (Look at that girl in the pink jacket, she has some thick gloves on!)
3) I miss being your neighbor. Those are MY cookies!!! (Wish you trained me on cookie decorating while you were here!)
4) I almost lost it when I saw the thigh high boots picture :D
1. I know, the timing was a bummer, we moved a few weeks before the first field trip
ReplyDelete2. Its not that cold, they didn't really need all the hats and gloves. Of course, Riley didn't have a choice, we had just returned from Florida so I didn't have time to dig out winter gear. It was 70 here yesterday but is supposed to get really cold (low 25, high 45) this weekend so I'm ready now
3. Come on over, I'll make you any cookies you want!
4. Me too :)