Sisters!
Amy being Amy
Bachelorette party
Riley and Daddy
Micaela relaxing by the pool
Uncle Bart and Riley deep in conversation
Aunt Joanie, Micaela and Uncle Bart
Riley and Grandma Cathy having a poolside lunch
Micaela with Uncle Tom
Friday afternoon we were a happy family relaxing in the pool
Saturday morning we were sleeping on the bathroom floor...Chad, Riley and I all had the flu the day of Amy's wedding
The flower girl and bride doing their make-up
Riley watched a movie while she had her hair done
Daddy and his girls
Riley and Daniel
The Burdzilauskas girls with Grandpa John
The Matron of Honor walking down the sand aisle
Daniel was really helpful to Riley
Flower girl and Ring Bearer walking down the aisle

The Bride and her Dad
A gorgeous setting
Amy and Kevin

4 generations of girls
Burdzilauskas family
Grandpa Dale, Grandma Cathy, Kevin, Amy, Riley, Mommy, Micaela, Daddy, Great Grandma Charlotte, Great Grandpa John
The happy newlyweds
On Sunday we had a late afternoon flight so we went out for some fresh air
Micaela loved crawling in the sand
Both girls were so impressed by Daddy's sandcastles
Playing with seaweed
Sand fight!
I'm glad we had a little time on the white sand beach before we left
After 4 days at Disney World, on Wednesday we drove 3 hours to Fort Myers for Aunt Amy's wedding. Unfortunately Micaela started throwing up in the car and continued for several hours once we arrived at the resort. She didn't have a fever and was happy with good energy overall so we thought maybe she got carsick (she doesn't do well on car rides) coupled with bad vacation eating (huge thanks to Martin Lee for being my personal on-call pediatrician and taking my call at 2 am. His reassurance that my baby wasn't dehydrated and didn't need to go to the ER helped us all sleep that night). She was fine after a few hours so we enjoyed the next few days.
Thursday night Grandma Cathy babysat the girls so Chad and I could enjoy a nice adult dinner. As much as we enjoyed Disney World, it was so refreshing to eat food that wasn't shaped like Mickey Mouse. That evening we had a little bachelorette party for Amy. I had a great time out with the girls and we helped the bride-to-be relax, something she really needed by then. Friday we had breakfast with everyone then spent the day relaxing by the pool. The rehearsal and dinner was that evening. It was so wonderful to spend some time on vacation with so much of our family (although now realizing that we passed a contagious flu to several of them, they may not agree).
Unfortunately Riley woke up early Saturday morning with the flu. Chad and I lasted until later in the afternoon but were both very sick for the pictures, wedding and reception. We all participated as much as we could but missed so much (most of the wedding pictures came from Aunt Joanie, thank you!). I cannot believe the bad timing of this bug, obviously I can never get this special day back. I am upset that I wasn't a better matron of honor to my sister and missed the biggest family party in 8 years. My consolation is that neither Amy nor Kevin were sick and had the wonderful, beautiful wedding of their dreams. I'm so happy for them!
Our flight on Sunday left in the late afternoon so we were able to spend some time outside on the beach. Breathing in the fresh air after we had been sick in our hotel room for 24 hours was just what we needed. We were all exhausted and queasy for the plane ride but no one threw up, so I consider that a successful trip home.
We had a wonderful vacation and made some amazing family memories but there's no place like home.














No comments:
Post a Comment