Micaela is 36 weeks old!
Learning to hula hoop at Games Galore
Riley preferred to jump through hoops (this will serve her well later in life)
Tag!
A really big beach ball
Then a really big parachute
If they called your color, you could run under the parachute and exchange spots with someone else
Riley's favorite part of the entire morning was sitting under the parachute
Micaela loves water and crawls into the shower whenever she can...even if someone is taking a shower at the time
Al fresco dining on grilled vegetables and pasta
A helicopter landed at our neighborhood park for national night out
Pretty cool!
Another painting project, another major clean-up
Olympic medals
And rings!
Riley wanted a pink and purple princess room so we went all out
This week Friday's fun time was Games Galore: all the classic games. The kids played with hula hoops, a huge beach ball and a parachute. They learned various versions of tag and duck, duck goose. The latter was my favorite to watch, every time a "goose" was chosen half the kids got up and ran around the circle. Riley had a lot of fun and was very tired after all the running.
Everyone always says that siblings are very different and our girls are proving this to be so true. Riley still hates to get her face wet, does not enjoy running through sprinklers and fights rinsing her hair. Micaela loves the water. Now that she has learned to pull herself up and over obstacles, she frequently crawls into the shower, even if someone is in it (what a surprise the first morning that happened). She enjoys feeling the water rain down on her face. Riley is starting to dislike taking baths with her sister because Micaela splashes too much. I'm always amazed at how much of their personality is engrained so early.
We've allowed a little more TV than usual since the Olympics are on. I've used it as a teaching tool to talk about sportsmanship, following the rules, trying your hardest and being a good winner or loser. Honestly, its just a good excuse for Mommy to watch all these talented athletes. We made the Olympic rings and medals and Riley awarded a silver medal to Seamus for volleyball. She cracks me up.
Dude I need everything, I mean EVERYTHING you got for Riley's Princess room. So far we have one pink wall, that's it! Why are these girls so obsessed with the Princesses?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you are so creative! Love the Olympic rings!
Riley has had a deep Princess love for so long, it was engrained early but I don't know where it came from. I resisted at first but she is persistent so I decided to embrace it. She LOVES her room.
ReplyDeleteI'm a little impressed with the Olympic rings myself, I don't usually come up with cool, creative ideas. But it was fun!