Micaela is 37 weeks old
Moving like a cow at Barnyard Bash...the kids who ran the Friday Fun Days were really energetic
Learning to shuck corn or, as Riley called it, "Remove the leaves and hair."
Then they learned about dairy farming (yep, we're definitely in Wisconsin)
Riley thought this little boy was hilarious
Micaela is everywhere these days
I am sooooooo not ready for this
Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Leon are getting the girls ready for fall
Micaela is learning her letters
Hanging outside with Grandpa Leon
Riley liked taking Grandma Cheryl for walks around the yard
Micaela's first time at a beach
She loved playing in and eating the sand
Stylin' Riley
It was a great little lake and we went later in the day so we had it almost to ourselves
Avacados!
It was another busy week in the Freese household. Friday was the last Friday Fun Day through the Parks and Rec program. It was a Barnyard Bash and included acting like farm animals, shucking corn, and learning about dairy farming. Riley enjoyed it all except the line dancing: she looked at the line dancers like they were crazy! We only made it to the last few sessions but I was very impressed with the activities they planned each week. The leaders were recent high school graduates and were excellent with the kids. They had the right balance of patience, energy and enthusiasm. What a great experience!
Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Leon came to visit for the weekend. The girls had so much fun playing with their grandparents, they were sad to say goodbye. Chad and I managed to get out for a mountain bike ride while we had live-in babysitters. We haven't biked together in years and it was really great to get out and do what we enjoy.
I cannot believe the summer is winding down already. I found out that the pools and guarded lakes close this weekend for the season, so I took the girls to Plamann Lake, a little nearby lake. We had the best time. I'm not sure what Micaela liked better, playing in the water, digging in the sand with her hands and feet, or eating the sand. Riley built sandcastles and liked holding my hand and walking into the deep water. The little lake was very shallow and perfect for small kids. I wish I had discovered it earlier in the summer.
I feel like every week I have more updates about Micaela's development. This weekend her first tooth came in. She's such a happy baby she hasn't been extra fussy despite what has to be some discomfort. She is moving faster and more skillfully. She seeks out obstacles to climb over and even tried to follow me up the stairs. She is growing too quickly!
Chad finally hit a traffic jam this week. The Packers Thursday night preseason game backed up traffic all the way to Appleton (we are about 40 miles from Green Bay). I can't imagine what a regular season game will do to these crazy Packers fans. We will definitely stay off the interstates on Sundays!
I'm happy for you and Chad getting some alone time now that you are so close to family. We still miss you here. Selina asked for Riley Freese, why you moved, and why Riley's daddy had to get a job in Wis-freaking-consin :P
ReplyDeleteYep, this is why we moved back, more family time. But Riley misses her friends so much. She starts her new preschool next week and I told her she would make lots of new friends to which she replied, "No, I just want my old friends." I miss my friends, too :(
ReplyDelete