Micaela is 39 weeks old!
Its really hard to get the bear pictures these days because neither Micaela nor the bear are still for long
Grandpa Charlie came for a visit and brought along a project
Riley had to mix cement
Micaela watched and held on to the letters for later
Grandpa Charlie smoothed out the cement
Then the girls made footprints and added some decorations
The final product: stepping stones for my garden!
All dried and ready for the garden
Great Grandma Jean with her great grand daughters
We checked out our first Wisconsin dairy
Lamer's Dairy
Of course we had to get some ice cream
On Wednesday we went to student orientation at Riley's new school
Thursday was the first day of school; waving goodbye to Mommy
Walking down the sidewalk with all the other kids (her school is preschool through elementary)
In she goes
Hanging her backpack up in her cubby to start her day
The teachers bring the kids out in a line when class is over
Riley and her friend Anna, who we met in playgroup over the summer
Mommy and her 2 little daughters
The girls show off their backpacks
Micaela is trying so hard to stand up
Another big week in the Freese household. Chad had to travel to the northwest for most of the week so my Dad and Grandma Jean came to spend some time with us and keep me company. Grandpa Charlie brought a special project that kept them occupied one morning. They mixed cement and decorated stepping stones for my garden. They turned out really well and I'm thrilled to have imprints of their little feet. We also visited a dairy and cheese store and enjoyed some Wisconsin cheese and icecream. What a great visit.
And now school has begun! This year Riley will attend St. Pius X preschool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I went to parent orientation on Monday night then Riley and I (and Micaela of course) went to student orientation on Wednesday morning. She saw her classroom, met her teachers and had her school picture taken. She was a little nervous at first and as we were walking in said, "I just want to to go my old school." But Mrs. Patterson, her teacher, played dollhouse with her for a while and she warmed up and got excited. Today was her first day. St. Pius X is preschool through elementary and all classes began today so it was a bit of a zoo this morning. This was the first time most of Riley's class had ever attended school (it is preschool only, not daycare) so quite a few of the kids were crying and hanging on to their parents. The teachers were prepared and had recruited all extra hands (including the librarian and school counselor) to help get the kids situated. Riley didn't cry and was all smiles as she sat on the carpet. I, of course, started crying when I got in the car; she's growing up so fast! So far I've had a really positive experience with the school and teachers and I'm happy to be part of this community. I'm sure it will be a great year for Riley!
No comments:
Post a Comment