Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thurs. Jan. 19, 2012 - girl time part 2

Micaela is 7 weeks old!

Such a cutie

Celebrating Amy's b-day at a Mexican restaurant

Riley loves churros

A princess tea party with Grandma Cathy

Riley brews delicious tea

She's so thoughtful, she even serves her little sister...directly from the pot

Girls in boots!

After getting hers styled, Riley wanted to do Micaela's hair too.

Micaela has found her thumb

Riley is so sweet, entertaining her sister (this is not always the case)

Fingerpainting a box. She thought this was a great change from regular old paper

I love the "I surrender" sleep position


Micaela is growing and changing so quickly. The smiles started about 2 weeks ago. I love waking up with her in the morning and being greeted with a happy, smiling baby. She has more vocalizations these days and her coos are absolutely adorable. Micaela had the best conversation with Chad a few nights ago, he would make a simple sound and she would try to copy him. She was concentrating so hard on what he was doing, I was very impressed. But my favorite is probably when Riley got all excited because Micaela said "no!" At least that's what Riley heard. Its very helpful to have the toddler interpret the newborn's words.

Riley is growing too. When she draws, it is with a purpose. This week she made an elaborate picture of herself and her friends at the library. People are vertical lines, I'm sure actual stick figures will follow soon. She makes eyes and noses when drawing a face and each picture tells a story. I love her masterpieces.

4 comments:

  1. Riley gets her drawing skills from her aunt of course. And Micaela gets her cuteness from me too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, did Chad and I contribute anything to these girls?

    ReplyDelete