What a busy week full of fun and firsts. We enjoyed a final swim at Cull Canyon Lagoon before it closes for the summer. The kids are all back in school so we had almost the entire beach to ourselves. It was a gorgeous day and I will definitely miss coming here until next summer.
Riley finally had her first haircut. She still doesn't have much hair, but I wanted to get the ends evened out since hair has been coming in at different times and growing at different rates over the last 2.5 years. We went to a kid-specific hair place where the chairs are cars, ponies, and motorcycles and each station has a TV playing cartoons. Despite this, the little boy before us screamed the entire time. Riley was unfazed and relaxed on a cheetah print couch until it was her turn. Once the stylist put on the apron she because a little more concerned but stayed calm and didn't squirm too much while her hair was being trimmed. And of course, since she doesn't have much hair, she didn't have to sit for too long. She received a certificate and lollipop and decided, "That wasn't so bad at all."
This morning was preview day at preschool. Riley, Chad and I met her 3 teachers, checked out her room, and played with all the fun toys. She seems very excited to start school and enjoyed playing with her teachers and new friends. She will attend 3 mornings a week and I think she is going to love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment