Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sept. 8, 2011 - First day of preschool!

Riley loves to wrestle.

"I have conquered Uncle Earl!!!"

The boys toasting at the Scottish festival whisky tasting.

So many whiskies to choose from.

Rather than actually toss the beanbags, Riley found it more efficient to walk up to the board and push them through.

Golfing

Relaxing with Earl after an exhausting day at the Scottish Festival

The kids hiking around Point Isabel

All 4 of us are looking at the camera, a rare picture!

Riley playing old-school Sega hockey with Earl and Chad

Uncle Earl taught her all kinds of fun things, like turning her cereal bowl upside-down and drumming on it.

Fueling up before her first day at preschool.

All smiles and ready to go!

Walking to the preschool building (love the Bee Backpack, thanks Great Aunt Joanie!)

Riley is a "Playful Puppy"


We had another special visitor: Earl from Illinois spent Labor Day weekend with us. As always, he was entertaining. We went to the Scottish festival, a great annual outing. Earl brought the Sega he and Chad played in their dorm room at U of I and the boys enjoyed some of the old games. Its amazing how far the graphics have come since then!

Wednesday was Riley's first day at preschool. We have been reading books, talking about preschool, and previewed the room, so she was prepared and very excited. She ran into the room and the teacher had to remind her to say goodbye to Mommy. She didn't cry at all and her teachers said she did great and was "like a pro" even though it was her first day. I'm so happy she is enjoying this new experience, but I admit, I cried when I got back to the car after dropping her off. She's my little girl and she's growing up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment