Sunday, August 9, 2009

First solids!

Riley had her first solid food on Friday. She has been exclusively breastfed until then and has been thriving on that diet, but its time to move on. We gave her the traditional first food - rice cereal mixed with breastmilk. I use the word solid food very loosely; I mixed it to be more liquid than solid. Here is her reaction. She did pretty well, I think she had no idea what to make of it. The next night I made a homemade rice mixture (I pulverized the rice to a powder then boiled it in water) and she seemed to like that, so hopefully she'll do well with her new diet. I love to cook and we're so excited to explore new foods with her!

2 comments:

  1. whoa man...she's chowin' down!

    i hope we get to meet up with you guys when you come to rantoul next month.

    if we do make it down, should i bring an extra mountain bike for chad??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see her attack sweet potatoes, apparently those are waaaaayyy better than rice!

    We'd love to see you guys, hope it works out! I'm sure Chad would love to mountain bike, but then we'd never see him.

    ReplyDelete