Riley and Mommy on our 1st Mother's Day
My first Mother's Day was absolutely wonderful. Chad surprised me with flowers on Friday, what a great start to the weekend. Saturday we enjoyed relaxing and playing with Riley. That evening we played Rock Band - it was the first time Chad had turned on his Xbox since Riley was born! Chad was on guitar and I did vocals. I sang to Riley while she sat in her bouncy chair, and we sing all the time, so Riley thought the game was great. Its nice to involve the whole family in the activities we enjoy.
Sunday we went out for a late lunch. We thought it was best to avoid crowds in case Riley got upset, but she was wonderful as always. Afterwards we did a little Mother's Day shopping at mom's favorite store, Babies R Us. Because what is better than doing things for my daughter? When we got back to the house I opened my gifts. I got a baby cookbook and a steamer/blender combo to make baby food. Yes, I realize that sounds crazy, but eating healthy, fresh food is very important to us and I want to offer Riley fresh fruits and veggies from the very beginning. So it was a really great Mother's day present.
Of course, Riley is the best gift of all!
Get her Riley! Pull her hair! Tell its for all those times she picked on her younger sister, beautiful Aunt Amy! What goes around comes around Jen! Pretty soon Riley will be trying to trip you as you walk around corners;)
ReplyDeleteHey now, don't use my daughter to make up for any perceived injustices that may or may not have happened during your childhood!
ReplyDelete