I'm 15 weeks old!
This was a big week for the whole family, Mommy's return to work. My transition back has gone really well so far, thanks to great coworkers, the most amazing boss, a fantastic nanny, and a supportive, loving husband. Getting out the door Monday morning was harder than expected, there were just so many things that needed to go so many places! But we finally made it. I enjoyed catching up with everyone in the lab and dusting off my computer...and my brain! I have to admit, I didn't think about synapses or genes at all while on maternity leave.
Candace is wonderful, she texts me updates and pictures throughout the day so I know how Riley is doing. It helps a lot to know that Riley is in good hands and having fun with Candace and her 1 year old daughter, Abbey. Of course, I still miss Riley desperately all day and love getting home to her. I'm looking forward to the long weekend more than usual!
WOW! Where do you find time to eat a real meal at the kitchen table?
ReplyDeleteis that bear shrinking???
ReplyDeleteMom, we're so much more functional than when you visited, nutritious home-cooked meals are a regular thing now! Which is great, because Riley loves to watch us eat and chomp her mouth to imitate our chewing.
ReplyDeleteThe bear MUST be shrinking, surely Riley cannot be growing this fast!