Thursday, November 3, 2016

Thurs. Oct. 20, 2016 - meeting Leah Charlotte

 Meeting my beautiful niece, Leah Charlotte, for the first time

 I have a little experience with newborns so she and I hit it off right away

 Leah Charlotte with Great Grandma Charlotte

 I helped Amy figure out how to use the Moby wrap, which Leah likes to sleep in

 Resting in Great Grandma's arms

 Looking at lights

 Me and Grandpa John

 4 generations of girls

 Great Grandpa John, Great Grandma Charlotte, Amy, Leah and Aunt Jen

 Grandpa Charlie and Grandma Shelley stopped by for a visit too

 I remember well the days of complete exhaustion that Amy is now experiencing

 A beautiful family

My new niece is amazing!!!


In mid October I finally made it down to central IL to meet my new niece, Leah Charlotte. Chad took 2 days off work so I was able to spend a long weekend with Amy, Kevin and their baby. This was the first time I'd left the twins and I've never been away from the girls for more than 1 night so I admit, there were tears as I drove away. But I was extremely happy to hold my 3-week-old niece, it was a wonderful 4 days. The early weeks with a newborn are beyond exhausting and Amy and Kevin are doing so well. It was great to help them out with cooking and cleaning but I especially loved holding Leah for a few hours at a time so Amy could get a little extra sleep. I feel very lucky that they allowed me to spend time with their new family. Leah Charlotte is such a sweet little baby and I'm so excited to have a niece to spoil!

Chad and the kids did great. He kept them very busy so they would sleep well at night, an excellent strategy. I was told that "This isn't how Mommy does it," was said a few times throughout the weekend. I'm glad I was able to get away and that Chad and the kids had some quality time together.  After being away, I was very happy to be reunited with my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment