When the girls are away, the boys like to rearrange their Fairy Gardens
Soccer player Tristan
Soccer player Logan
Dancer Micaela
Its always a wrestling match in our house
They've watched Daddy pump up his bike tires many times so they know this is what you do before you start biking
All summer the twins have been good about staying in the driveway but now they are starting to push the limits
A visit from Grandmpa Leon and Grandma Cheryl!
Our little cheesehead Riley was invited to her first Packers game. The neighbors really enjoy encouraging her Packer love
The tailgating kids: Riley, Lauren, Connor and Drew
The girls both got a special brownie to commemorate the occasion
Lauren and Riley
Heidi in her Packers shirt, Packers apron, even a Packers potholder. We are going to the Bears-Packers game in Oct with these neighbors, we need to up our game before then!
The girls outside of Lambeau
While I'm supportive of Riley and agreed to chaperone her (I love football so it wasn't too much of a sacrifice), I did not wear any green and gold. I might have been the only one.
Its only preseason but the Packers fans filled the stadium
I thought she would get bored but Riley was really into the game
True joy when her team scored
Of course the girls had to make a sign
Dancing in the stands as the Packers win
Boys cuddled with their Daddy
We all love having snack time outside
We have a lot of vegetables to pick so everyone helps
It was a very busy week for Riley. After a week of Girl Scout camp, which included an overnight on Thursday night, she and I were invited by the neighbors to go to a Packers preseason game. Riley was thrilled to see her team in person and experience the tailgating, stadium and the game. I thought she would get bored and we would have a chance to wander around Lambeau but she was interested almost the entire game and asked questions so she could learn more about football. She amused the fans around us by calling the opposing team, the Cleveland Browns, "stinkpots." Riley was very happy when the Packers won. I was not impressed, it was just the Browns, but I did have a great time during the whole night and am so glad I was able to share this memorable experience with Riley.
Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Leon came for a visit and the kids had fun playing with them. Riley was away at camp while they were here and Micaela in particular enjoyed the extra attention. Its always good to see family!
We're spending as much time as we can outdoors. August is probably my favorite month in Wisconsin. The weather is perfect, the vegetables are delicious, there are fun festivals and activities and school doesn't start until Sept. We love spending time outside as a family and sharing our love of the outdoors with our children.



No comments:
Post a Comment