Friday, May 8, 2015

Thurs. April 30 - "Is it getting any easier?"



Tristan is 34 weeks old!

 Logan is 34 weeks old!

 Showing off those 2 bottom teeth

 The little boys were amazed by Micaela's Jack-in-the-box, I think she played it for them 100 times

 Daddy got a new toy...because we need something else to keep us up at night

 This isn't a great picture because I snapped it with my iPhone through the telescope eyepiece but as you can tell, the details are amazing. We've seen the craters and other surface features on the moon, the lines of Jupiter and the rings of Saturn just from our light-polluted backyard.

 Now that they are scooting pretty quickly nothing is safe

 Sibling love

 We are all exhausted sometimes

 Both boys, but especially Tristan, are really fast army crawlers but so far won't venture off the carpet onto the tile or wooden floors, for which I am grateful.

 They entertain each other and make each other smile

 Naked baby!

I truly cherish our little men!


Once the twins hit 6 months old we started getting the question, "Is it getting any easier?" No. Its not easier but its much different. Those early months were change, eat, sleep, repeat. While they were up every 1.5-3 hours to eat, they usually went back to sleep with some rocking or cuddling. Now they are sleeping less and playing more. Its so much fun to read, sing, play with them and watch them play with toys. However, when its time to cook dinner, sometimes they are happy to entertain themselves or each other but sometimes they are not. When they were babies I just put them in a carrier and the movement around the kitchen put them back to sleep. That doesn't always work these days so sometimes we eat sandwiches. The other thing that has changed the game is their mobility. I think Tristan's army crawl pace can rival some seasoned rangers. Their ability to locate a hidden glitter glue stick or other forbidden item is beyond impressive. Unfortunately they are not great sleepers and still get up multiple times per night. As much as I try to synchronize them, they are developing their own schedules and sometimes they trade off waking up. They seem to fall into their deepest sleep around 6:30 am, right when I need to wake up to to start our day. They seems a little young to be plotting against us but I'm pretty sure that's what they are doing.


When I was pregnant other twin moms always told me it was a crazy amount of work but so rewarding to see 2 human beings grow and develop side by side. I have definitely found this to be true. I love watching their personalities emerge and figuring out what each one needs. Tristan is crawling everywhere and Logan has really found his voice. While they have to share our time, they have each other. One of the best feelings is having 2 little faces look up at you and giving you 2 huge smiles. Even when this happens at 2 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment