Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Thurs. April 16, 2015 - Riley is terrific


Tristan is 32 weeks old!

 Logan is 32 weeks old!



 What is this green stuff?

Riley was Terrific Teddy at school this week

Each day she brought in something for show-and-tell. One day she brought in her siblings. Her classmates were much more interested than I thought they would be.

The twins like to make Micaela's puzzles more challenging.



This week Riley was the Terrific Teddy at school. Her teacher did an interview about her favorite things so her classmates could get to know her better, she got to run special errands, and every day she brought in an item for show and tell. One day she wanted to bring in Micaela, Tristan and Logan. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea but the kids really liked meeting her siblings and learning all about twins. When Mrs. Vosters asked the class what made the babies twins, the answer was "They are dressed the same." We had a lot to discuss. We also spent some time in the classroom. Grandma Cathy was visiting for the week because Daddy was away for a work conference so she spent an afternoon following the class around and helping in the room. Friday morning I had a chance to volunteer in the room as well and it was a wonderful experience. Riley always tells me about her day but its different to experience the controlled chaos that is a kindergarten classroom and see all the strengths and weaknesses of the kids. I have no idea how the teacher takes care of everyone on all these different levels. Friday afternoon Chad went in to read the class a story. We all really enjoyed this special week of celebrating Riley.

Of course we had some extra excitement when our upstairs refrigerator/freezer broke down on Monday, right after Chad left but before Grandma Cathy arrived. Thankfully we have wonderful neighbors and one guy came over, disconnected it all, turned off the water line and recruited a friend to haul it into our garage so we didn't have to deal with a dead fridge pulled out from its spot and taking up a lot of kitchen space. Last summer we bought an extra fridge/freezer for the basement and I'm so glad we have that. Although I'm not loving the many, many trips up and down the stairs that I'm taking every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment