Tristan is 1 week old!
Logan is 1 week old!
We were able to come home from the hospital just 2 days after the twins were born
The boys gave their big sisters gifts
They had been listening to their sisters the whole time and knew exactly what to get each of them; Disney dresses for Micaela...
And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume for Riley
Our new normal
I will be forever grateful for all the help Amy provided during this crazy, monumental week
Both sisters are so helpful
Our family: Riley, Daddy, Logan, Tristan, Mommy, Micaela and of course Seamus
So many cute moments
They often strike the exact same pose
We have 3 swings but only had 1 vibrating chair so of course that's what they both like. Its one of the more expensive models but getting a second one was worth every penny
38 weeks
39 weeks
I'm still not getting a lot of sleep so I'm going to let the pictures tell the story. Chad and I agree, the first week has gone pretty well. The 1 piece of advice I've gotten from every parent of a twin (including the hospital pediatrician who released us) was to get them on a schedule. I've always let our babies determine their own schedule so I wasn't sure how to do this. After a few sleepless nights at home I sought some answers from a helpful lactation consultant. I've become very good at nursing the boys at the same time so in the hours leading to bedtime they get fed simultaneously and frequently to try to fill them up. During the night, when 1 wakes up, I wake up the other. This seems to be working pretty well and I'm at least getting enough sleep to be functional during the day, especially when I get a nap. I'm so glad Chad is still home with us and I'm not sure if any of this would be possible without all the food being brought by neighbors and friends. Amy stocked the fridge before she left, our friends have set up a website so everyone knows what nights are already covered, and neighbors keep showing up with things like chicken and rice soup and, thankfully, desserts.











I'm so happy to see your blog again! I had lost track of it when Google deleted the Reader program. Congrats on the twins!! They are adorable little boys and their big sisters are getting so grown up!! You make a lovely family and I'm so happy to see that you are all doing well!
ReplyDeleteYay K.C., glad you found us again! Thanks for all your kind words, we couldn't be happier with our little family. Hope you and your boys are doing well too!
ReplyDelete