Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thurs. June 26, 2014 - wow, twins require a lot of preparation!

 Daddy strapped the relocated bookcase to the wall because some little monkey (pictured) thinks its fun to climb

Assembling the second crib. It doesn't match our old one but it was generously given to us by friends so looks great to us

Raising the mattress and reattaching the outer rail on the old crib. Micaela couldn't believe she used to sleep like this when she was a baby

 Grandpa Charlie came to visit!

 Not sure what happened but it really made Great Grandma Jean, Riley and Grandpa Charlie laugh

 Its strawberry season

 Craft time! We made sun catchers, the metal framed designs that you fill with beads then bake. Mommy fail: Riley did a fantastic job carefully filling in with separate colors but I bumped it and mixed them all together. 

Work from "Kindergarten Here I Come"


I'm very glad we found out we were having twins early in the pregnancy because we have needed all this time to prepare for them. The big girls' room is pretty much complete and they are adjusting to their shared room. We've moved furniture all over the upstairs until we were finally happy with the arrangement. Unfortunately I think our friends are going to stop coming for dinner; every time we invite someone over they end up on the other side of a dresser or bookcase.

So now we need to get the twin's room ready. This weekend Chad assembled the second crib and we have found a spot for everything. Time to start washing newborn clothes and stocking the changing table with diapers...lots and lots of diapers.

Grandpa Charlie and Great Grandma Jean came and stayed with the girls and I for a few days while Chad was working in Atlanta. We had a great visit with them, playing games, reading books and doing house projects (poor Dad). I'm so glad we were able to spend some time with them and really appreciated the company while Chad was away.

Riley has been going to "Kindergarten Here I Come," a 4 week half-day course at her new school. I thought she would get to know potential classmates and learn the layout of Houdini Elementary which seemed like a great idea since our lives will be pretty chaotic when school starts. She has been doing tons of art projects, lots of playtime outside and some pretty impressive writing and reading work. I am stunned at what kids are expected to be able to do at such a young age. So far Riley has loved going to this prep class and raves about her morning. Hopefully kindergarten will go as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment