Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thurs. June 19, 2014 - Happy Father's Day!

 Sadie and Seamus, Riley, Grandma Cathy and Great Grandma Charlotte

 Grandma and I

 Riley loved playing tetherball with Great Grandpa John

 My cousin Evan is headed to Ohio State next year

 There were 2 cakes, both girls tried them each

 Evan (back, center) and his friends

 Almost 27 weeks and so glamorous

 With the hostess Aunt Winnie

 Riley, Grandma Cathy and Mommy

 Chad and I with my grandparents

 Pinwheels!

 After running with Sadie all weekend, Seamus was exhausted

 Choosing flowers for a vase

 Us girls love our flowers and we each made our own bouquets

 Celebrating Father's Day

 Riley made him some wonderful gifts at preschool

 A Chicago Bear's tie!

 Big hugs for Daddy

 So sweet

Hugs for the babies



This weekend we drove to Bloomingdale, IL for my cousin Evan's high school graduation party. I am so glad we got to spend time with family and had a great time celebrating Evan's success. He will be going to Ohio State in the fall. I'd say I'm excited about the Big 10 rivalry in the family but I don't expect Illinois to give the Buckeyes much of a challenge. 

On Sunday we gave Chad the best Father's Day gifts we could think of...we let him sleep in and go on a bike ride in the forest preserves near Aunt Winne and Uncle Bill's house. The girls showered him with homemade gifts. I especially liked the paper about "Dad." I enjoyed our time with family and it was a bonus to celebrate Father's Day with Grandpa John, but this is definitely the last traveling I will do for a while; sitting for the 3 hour car ride was pretty tough for me. 

But its worth it as I did get a good report at my latest OB appointment. The ultrasound showed that both twins are measuring 2 lbs 7 oz, have good heart rates and are very active. I passed the gestational diabetes test and my blood pressure remains good. On days when I am feeling extremely pregnant, uncomfortable and low energy its easy to get discouraged when I realize how much longer I have to go. But hearing good news like this really helps me remember that its all worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment