Anna and her sweet 9 day old, Amelia
Micaela isn't sure what to think of such a tiny baby
Reading a book in the new shared big girls' room
Micaela's first night in her big girl bed
Summer is time to play in the park!
Riley is doing a sports sampler at the YMCA and has an enthusiastic coach
The first day was basketball
They weren't great at dribbling with the basketballs so they practiced with the big exercise balls and did much better
26 weeks!
I've decided to start parking here
Chad got roped into my pinterest project
I prefer jobs I can do sitting down
Success! A giant wall calendar and chalkboard (huge thanks to Aunt Peg for helping me tape a perfect grid!)
The girls LOVE that they can draw on the wall
I'm 26 weeks and into the 3rd trimester! Its hard to believe I still have 12 weeks to go. I'm measuring almost full term for a singleton and already feeling the aches and discomforts that come with the end of pregnancy. I'm still doing prenatal yoga and those classes really help. Hopefully I can keep finding ways to get through this last trimester.
My to-do list is still extensive but we've really made a lot of progress in preparing for the twins. This week Micaela moved into the new big girls' room (Riley's room) and started sleeping in her big girl bed. The first night went really well. The girls were exhausted from a birthday party and both fell asleep pretty quickly. Subsequent nights they have been talking and laughing which is adorable and definitely the bonding we were hoping for. We let it go on for a while then tell them to go to sleep which they eventually do. We hope they are good roommates for years to come.
Now that Micaela's room is freed up we can start making it into the twin's nursery. Chad will assemble the second crib and I'll start washing and putting away the newborn clothes. And finding space for the many, many cases of diapers that are in our future.
This week we also completed the giant wall calendar and chalkboard. I wanted a huge chalkboard calendar that would be visible to us all to keep track of all these kids and their appointments, classes and sports. Chad suggested that while we were painting a chalkboard we should just make the entire wall a chalkboard for the girls. It seemed crazy at first and not at all something I had envisioned in our home but its perfect. They were so happy when they got to write all over the wall and I think it looks pretty cool. My visions of a formal dining room with china on display will have to wait for a few more (many more) years. We are embracing our life that is full of kids and loving it!







No comments:
Post a Comment