Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thurs. Mar. 6, 2014 - Mommy's birthday!

Celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday (also March 2) with a "Cat in the Hat" project

 Time for a little science experiment, making crystals

 Riley and I went on a Mother-Daughter retreat. Our overnight accommodations were small but cute

 Pillow fight!

 Princess Riley with a tutu and tiara we made

We did a lot of projects at the retreat!

 Chad got me a beautiful chocolate cake for my birthday

With all my helpers I had no problem blowing out all the candles on my cake

 My sweet girls

 A spa gift certificate, exactly what I wanted (need!)

 Micaela was very excited about her ashes on Ash Wednesday

Magical Mickey and Tinkerbell dancing the night away


This week we celebrated my birthday, which was a nice highlight during more freezing cold weather. Riley and I went to a Mother-Daughter retreat Saturday night through Sunday afternoon. It was such a nice experience. We did a lot of art projects and talked about all kinds of things. It was very special to have so much time with just Riley. I definitely plan to do these retreats with my daughters in the future.

Then we came home and celebrated my birthday. Chad ordered an amazing cake from a local bakery and of course grilled me a delicious dinner. He topped it off with a gift certificate to a spa. I can't wait for that massage! My family is so wonderful and treats me so well, it was a fantastic birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment