Goodbye Dodgemaster, you have served us well
Hello family-friendly mini van
Today we took our first major step towards twin-preparation. We traded Chad's pickup truck for a minivan. After a lot of test driving, research, and checking to see how all the kids will fit (yes, I brought car seats to the dealerships to test it out) we chose the Honda Odyssey. The kids are thrilled. A lot of their friends have minivans that they get to ride in when they are heading to playdates and both girls have been asking for one for a while. Chad and I are slightly less excited (perhaps still in shock that we are minivan owners) but very happy with the vehicle. Honda really thought of families when they designed it and we will have no problem getting all 4 carseats into the 2 back rows and still have room to maneuver around to help everyone buckle. Now I just have to get used to driving a massive vehicle.
It was a little sad to bid farewell to the Dodgemaster. Over 11 years and 145,000 miles that truck took us on a lot of camping, hiking and biking trips and up roads that I never thought we should be on. It was a great pickup that Chad meticulously maintained and we hope someone else enjoys it.
No comments:
Post a Comment