Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thurs. Mar. 20, 2014 - And here's another healthy heartbeat


 I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins!

 The doctor said I'm measuring about 18 weeks pregnant (I'll always measure much larger than a typical singleton pregnancy). Here I am at 18 weeks with Micaela, I'd say he's right on

 The twins are each about 3 oz, a perfect size for 14 weeks, and growing daily 

 Riley's first piano recital; she led the class out to the keyboards

 First they played a group number

 Then they sang a song

 More playing

 Then it was time for Riley's solo on the grand piano

 She didn't look nervous at all

 A bow

 All smiles as she returned to her seat

 Riley was chosen to play the claves for another song

 She was thrilled to receive her very own bouquet of flowers at the end of the recital

 So happy

We are very proud of our little pianist

 Riley and her teacher, Miss Donna

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!


"And here's another healthy heartbeat." I will never forget when the doctor said this during the ultrasound at my first appointment. Chad and I were thrilled to learn we were expecting our 3rd baby then shocked to learn we were also expecting our 4th! Twins! My official due date is Sept. 15 but twins are considered full term at 37 weeks so I will be induced about 2 weeks early if they haven't already arrived. Half of twins are born 4 weeks before their due date so we're hoping to keep them healthy for as long as possible and make it to early Sept. Its been a rough first trimester; I've never been so tired or so sick. I'm feeling better now that we are into week 14. Both babies are growing like crazy and are healthy. We are so excited about these special new additions to our family!

This week Riley had her first piano recital. She did an amazing job. There are 13 kids in her 4-6 year old class and they did some group numbers then each child played a solo. Riley said she was nervous but it did not show at all. She played her song perfectly and was very happy and proud of herself. We are very proud of her too, she has learned so much already. She truly enjoys playing the piano and I'm really happy she has this opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment