The artists creating Halloween decorations (Riley really likes scary eyeballs)
To kick off the Jog-a-thon, St. Pius Elementary's annual fundraiser, the preschool class paraded in front of the entire school
They had crazy hats and maracas
Micaela and Luke loved it
Then, while the rest of the school ran laps, the preschoolers warmed up…
…and ran mini-laps around the gym
The kids received medals for their hard work
Even the spectators, Evan and Micaela, got a medal
The class
I made white cupcakes with maple frosting and pumpkin cupcakes with orange cream cheese frosting for a friend's fall party
Riley's friend Anna came over for a playdate one afternoon
The girls had a great time decorating cupcakes (I guess I made a lot of cupcakes this week)
Crazy spiders and jack-o-lanterns
This week Riley's school held a Jog-a-thon, their annual fundraiser. The big kids usually run laps around the school but this year it was rained so they ran at an indoor track instead. The preschoolers sent them off with a rally and parade. Riley and several of her friends did most of their parading with hands over ears because she didn't like the loud echo in the gym. After the older kids boarded busses Riley's class ran laps around the gym. It was adorable to watch the kids try their hardest, some of those little legs move fast!
Later in the week we had Riley's friend, Anna, over for an afternoon playdate. It was nice to play games with the girls and decorate spider and jack-o-lantern cupcakes while Micaela was napping. Watching Riley interact with her friends and seeing how their play has changed really shows me that she is growing up.

I desperately need some cupcakes.
ReplyDeleteCome on over, I'll make whatever kind you request!
ReplyDelete