Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thurs. Sept. 12, 2013 - School begins!

 Riley's first day of 4K (pre-kindergarten preschool)

 Mommy was a little sad but Micaela took me out for breakfast and cheered me up

 Then we smelled flowers

 and enjoyed a walk along the river

 When we picked Riley up from school Micaela insisted on wearing a backpack, just like the big kids (she still does this every day)

 When Riley gets home Micaela immediately digs through her backpack to see what she did that day at school (she is wearing Riley's backpack and shoes, she really looks up to her big sister)

Our garden continued to prosper well into October

Craig took Riley out on lake Winnebago and let her paddle the kayak

She loved it!


When we returned from vacation it was time for Riley to go to preschool. She is attending St. Pius X elementary school and has the same teachers again this year. However she now goes 5 mornings a week. The Appleton Area School District has just started a preschool program that runs every day and all the private schools adopted the same schedule. This was a big change from her 2 mornings a week last year and I was sad to be without her all week long. I wonder if there will ever be a first day of school when I don't cry? 

Lucky for me, Micaela was more than happy to cheer me up. We went out for a special breakfast and took a walk through a park along the Fox River. Now that we've adjusted to the schedule I love this time with Micaela. We are doing a Mommy and Me gymnastics class, we play, we shop and we enjoy this one-on-one time together. Riley absolutely loves school, and its very easy to take her somewhere she enjoys and wants to be every day. I'm so happy that she has a great school with amazing teachers and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment