Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sept. 26, 2013 - races and pumpkins


Running in my first race, a relay marathon

 It was so special to have my family cheering me on at the finish line

 We love to ride bikes to our neighborhood park

 and play!

 Uncle Earl came for a quick visit

 Everyone had a blast

 We went to our friend's "garden" and ate some pears straight off the trees

 Riding in a cart to the pumpkin patch

 We had a lot of pumpkins to choose from

 Micaela picked this one

Daddy chose a bumpy one


On Sept. 22 I ran in my first race. It was a relay marathon with a team of 5 friends and I ran a total of 6.2 miles. I felt great that day and had a very good run. It was hard to fit the training into our busy lives but definitely worth it. I was really happy to accomplish this and look forward to doing another race some day.

This fall we were again invited by our friend, Marty, to his "garden" to choose some pumpkins. Gardening is a hobby for him but really he has a small farm with apple and pear trees and a huge variety of vegetables including tomatoes, corn, peppers and a patch of pumpkins all different shapes and sizes. We came home with a great variety of pumpkins and lots of other fruits and vegetables.

2 comments:

  1. 1) Wow, 6.2 miles!!! Congrats! I can run for about 6.2 seconds, lol!
    2) Love your friend's "garden"!!! How far from you does he live?
    3) What's with the short post??

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Thanks! I really trained for it and it went better than I expected!
    2) He's only about 15 min away, lots of land here in WI
    3) I need to catch up on my posts, I don't remember a lot of the weekly details when I write them so much later after they happened

    ReplyDelete