Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thurs. Aug. 29, 2013 - end of summer fun


 3 little monkeys looking at a monkey


 Riley and some birds standing on 1 leg 
 

 Petting zoo


 Sophie and Micaela talking to a goat


 Micaela immerses herself in her blueberry pancakes


 Riley was invited to Owen and Olivia's elaborate superheros-themed birthday party (it was hot so the costumes came off early but she came in her Buzz Lighyear outfit)


 Hitting her first piñata
 

 Decorating superhero masks


 Riley and Maria


 Shucking corn is a family affair


 Micaela just throws her leaves and silks on the floor


 My sous chefs


 Flower girls


 Dainty Riley doing a curtsey (Micaela is doing her version too)


Riley likes to eat carrots from our garden like a bunny (she does let me peel them first)

We're loving the hot weather we are having at the end of the summer. We have spent so much time outside everyday. Just when I thought it would be winding down, our garden is growing like crazy. I'm not sure if this is because of the warmer temperatures or the extra sunlight the plants are receiving after the tornado took out some pine trees, but I'll take it!

Riley was invited to a really cool superhero birthday party. Everyone came dressed as a superhero (Riley was Buzz Lightyear) but it was so hot the kids shed their costumes early. There was a bouncy house, a piñata, games, masks and amazing food. We had a very fun afternoon and it was good to see our friends again before school starts. 

Speaking of school, we had a busy week preparing for 4 PreK. On Monday I attended the parent orientation, on Tuesday we shopped for school supplies and on Wednesday Riley went to her student orientation. She will have the same teachers as last year but in a slightly different classroom (they did construction over the summer). She is so excited to get back to school, learn with her teachers and play with her friends. I am happy for her but a little sad that 4 PreK is 5 half-days a week. What will Micaela and I do all morning without our spunky Riley? Something tells my the crazy toddler will keep me busy.

2 comments:

  1. 1) You made me LOL with M's version of a curtsy!!! Love Riley's dress :)
    2) I thought you don't HAVE to peel a carrot?
    3) Do you have a vinyl table cloth??
    4) Love the flower girls picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) That's classic Micaela.
    2) I don't think you have to but I find it easier than scrubbing and scrubbing the dirt off when they are fresh from the garden.
    3) Its a vinyl-coated table cloth, nothing like a vinyl one at all, it feels like cloth, except it wipes easily with a wet cloth so you don't need to wash it all the time.
    4) Me too :)

    ReplyDelete