Monday, September 23, 2013

RIP trusty laptop

First, thanks to everyone for their concern about the lack of blogposts. With very few exceptions I have posted every Thursday since Riley's birth over 4.5 years ago; only a catastrophe could stop me from blogging! And we have suffered such an event...the death of my laptop. My trusty iMac supported me through my postdoc, commuted daily to SF and stored thousands of photos of our family for over 7 years. A few weeks ago it died and I've been lost ever since (seriously, if I missed your birthday or a lunch date it's because I lost my calendar). It appears that the main logic board has failed but the hard drive is intact so once we order our new computer (so many choices!) and have an IT guy transfer the data off our hard drive I'll be back in business and catch you up on our lives.

A quick preview: we took a family vacation to Duluth, MN, Micaela is taking her first gymnastics class and talking non-stop, Riley started preschool and piano lessons, I ran my first relay marathon and Chad is mountain biking as much as possible before the leaves start to fall.

Once we get a functional computer look for a bunch of posts and pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Did you find one yet? Any lingering back to school sale? Miss you and the fam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got one! Of course now I have 5 million pictures to sort through and post but I will have a lot of new posts up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much longer are you going to make us wait.....????

    ReplyDelete