Riley participated in "Little Kickers"
She had a great time kicking the ball (she's on the far left)
Riley and her neighbor friend Lauren show off their certificates
Anything Big Sister does, Little Sister has to do, too
She's excited about a few small freckles that have appeared on her cheeks
Chad and I went to the EAA Airventure in Oshkosh and saw this B-29
There was a re-enactment of Pearl Harbor
It was very impressive
B-25
B-25 (love the paint job)
My sweet girl loves to pick flowers for Mommy
Micaela eats a lot of corn on the cob
She also liked my homemade salsa, which included a few hot peppers...this kid eats all kinds of food
Daddy and his girls building a truck at our local "National Night Out"
Micaela sat very still for her first face painting
Cute!
Riley wanted a flower and a sun on other cheek
The Appleton Art Museum set up a table for kids to paint using different vegetables as brushes and stamps
Fun rocking with Grandma Cheryl
Grandma Cheryl, Micalea, Riley and Grandpa Leon
The girls had fun moving and restacking Daddy's wood pile
I posted so many tornado-damage pictures last week I forgot to mention that other things did happen, too. Riley continues to participate in programs through the Parks and Rec department. Last Friday was "Little Kickers." She had fun playing soccer but isn't interested in signing up for a longer commitment; she much prefers ballet.
Chad and I went to the EAA Airventure in Oshkosh, a nearby town. It is the largest gathering of air enthusiasts and boasts that during this week the control tower is the busiest in the world (something tells me its the least busy the rest of the year). Chad had gone before and really likes planes but I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it. I definitely did. The planes they had on display were incredible and included the only flying B-29 in the world. The air show was even more impressive. The weather was perfect for the displays and shows and we had a great time.
We are enjoying the last few weeks of summer. We ride our bikes to the farmer's market every Saturday and go to all the festivals and gatherings we can. We eat outside often, usually food from our garden. Its been a great August (minus that whole tornado-taking-off-part-of-our-roof incident).
Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Leon visited us for a few days over the weekend. The girls had a wonderful time with their grandparents, engaging them in lots of imaginative play, going to parks and just reveling in the attention. We all had a great time and love the visits.
I told you the second child is always the better child! We are better in every way, including eating! (My sister refused a lot of food and she was a puker.)
ReplyDeletePainting with produce sounds fun but what a waste of food! So many people are literally starving to death everyday....