Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thurs. Feb. 14, 2013 - Strep throat

 I meant to post this picture last week. Riley and her 2nd cousin Drew share a birthday! Happy belated b-day, Drew!

 Micaela finishes every meal by putting food in her hair.

 We went snowshoeing after an icestorm and it was very picturesque

 Micaela wasn't impressed, she took a nap

 Poor little Riley at her first sick visit to the doctor

 Raspberries fit on fingers, who knew?!

 Micaela loves food. She couldn't wait for me to put her in her seat so she hopped up on Daddy's chair,  grabbed her tray and started eating

 The girls working diligently on their valentines

We made special Valentine's day cookies

 Diva with a heart on her cheek and pink nails

Micaela had a great time swimming


What a week! Its hard to believe that Riley made it 4 years before she needed to visit her doctor because she was sick. On Monday I took her to the pediatrician where she tested positive for strep throat. She had a sore throat that wasn't too bad at first but she went downhill very quickly. The poor girl was absolutely miserable by the time we made it to the doctor. At that point I was hoping she would have strep so it could be treated. The antibiotics are amazing. She was feeling better the next day and back to 100% just 36 hours later. Unfortunately she missed her Valentine's Day party and concert (this was the rescheduled Christmas concert that was cancelled because of a blizzard). Even though we've discussed it she's still convinced that her friends wouldn't have a party without her. I'm a little concerned about how she will behave at school next week. Meanwhile, after 2 days of resting on the couch, watching TV and eating icecream, princess is having a hard time getting back into normal life. 

Micaela has finished her first session of swim lessons and loved it. She is starting to kick when told, is learning to climb out while hanging onto the edge (she is so strong) and will slide in on the count of 3. She doesn't mind going under and loves to splash. I plan to sign us up for another 6 weeks, its fun for both of us. 

We had a lovely Valentine's Day. I made heart-shaped buckwheat pancakes and served Riley pink milk which she thought was so cool (her words). Chad grilled us a fantastic dinner of ribeye steak and asparagus with baked potatoes. Our romantic candlelight dinners have changed a lot in the last 4 years. "Why are we eating in the dark? I can't see my food!" followed by Micaela rubbing baked potatoes in her hair. Different, but very special. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Catching up on your blog! Happy birthday to Riley! I can't believe it's been a year already! I remember Caden had so much fun playing with Riley at her 3rd b-day party... he kept asking to have play date with her afterwards! Too bad their "busy" school schedule didn't work out.

    I love seeing Micaela's pictures! She seems a very fun baby to hang out with! I love her smiles, how she's so independent, and love all the food pics! I will always think of her when I eat raspberries!

    Hope you guys are doing well & we'll meet again some day! Oh and I watched my first football game for the 49ers - I watched the entire game! I was wrapping wontons for dinner, so my eyes weren't glue to the TV, but I was there! And, I blamed myself for their lost :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... how do I change my name from "Unknown" to "Maria Chin" :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria! Riley had a great 3rd b-day, that will always be one of our most memorable ones. We're doing great and I'm glad to hear you are too. I'm very proud of you for watching a football game! Just being in front of the TV counts (wish I could have had some of those wontons...). I need some Chinese food cooking lessons! I found an Asian market and bought fresh rice noodles and absolutely destroyed them.

    I have no idea how to change you out of unknown. My comments show up because I'm logged in as the blogger. Its a small miracle that I've figured out how to do this much.

    ReplyDelete