Micaela is 49 weeks old!
Vampire Riley
Our friend Joe is very concerned about Seamus in our new cold climate so he bought him a sweater. Thanks, I think.
If the drive is over 10 minutes, Micaela takes off her socks and shoes.
We voted!
They learned about voting in preschool: "Riley for president!"
The girls love throwing the ball for Seamus and watching him run around
Seamus is excellent with Micaela. He struggled when Riley was little but I guess everyone is more prepared for the second child
Hanging in the grass
Micaela does not like to wear hats. I hope this changes in the coming months
Already a diva with her sister's purse
Helping Mommy bake blueberry muffins
We had a good week mostly relaxing and playing at home since it is really difficult to load the girls into their carseats with my still-painfully-sensitive hand. The weather is getting colder but the girls still enjoy playing outside. I gave Riley her first cup of hot chocolate when she looked chilly doing outside chores with Daddy and she was very impressed. Micaela is like her Daddy and never seems to get cold despite crawling on her hands and knees on the cold ground. She even rips off her mittens and hat, crazy girl! I see his engineer brain emerging in her already. Right now she prefers toys that have a cause and effect. One of her favorites is a wand that spins different light patterns depending on how long you push the button. She sits and holds the button for different amounts of time so she can see the different patterns. She loves the remote control and rejected the one without batteries, no fooling her!
Riley received her first quarter progress report from preschool and is doing great. She has developed almost all the skills expected of her already. Her teachers said she clearly loves school and they really enjoy having her in class. They said she "gives us her 'Aaron Rodgers Best' at all times." Of course this is a major compliment as he is worshipped here in Packerland but as a Bears fan, I cringed when I read this. We prefer to think she has an Urlacher determination. Despite the Rodgers comparison we are so happy with her preschool. The teachers are so warm and caring and really communicate with us parents. A few weeks ago Riley was the "Color Expert" of the week. She was assigned pink but had to study all the colors. She was sent home with a backpack of books, flashcards and other fun materials. On Thursday she was the "Special Helper Bee" and got to be the teacher's assistant. She was very proud and had an extra fun day. There are so many things that make this preschool so special
1) Y'all really need to work on brushing Riley's teeth. I don't think the dentist will like seeing that her teeth are orange!!
ReplyDelete2) You are going to have to find hats with chin straps for M that she cannot remove (velcro would be too easy).
3) How are you able to bake muffins with your hand looking like that??? (and I heard muffins freeze and mail really well...)
4) Wow M is one smart kiddo.
5) No clue who Rodgers or Urlacher is.
6) So awesome that Riley gets homework already. All we've got so far are a few pieces of paper for her to trace, but even that I'm thinking "oh my how am I going to squeeze in homework when she's older??" Now I need to research about this. How is my girl going to keep up with school when I have maybe 10 min of free time with her every night :(??
7) Now that Selina is in C4, I am seeing a difference in teaching style. Ms. Diane is good at communicating issues with Selina (not listening, not following instructions, etc.).
8) These girls are growing up too fast!!!