Micaela is 51 weeks old!
After waiting patiently for 8 months, the bike Chad ordered before we left CA finally arrived
It was custom built just for him
Assembly required
The final product on its inaugural ride
Riley working on her cutting skills
A super smiley Micaela
Riley listening to tunes while working out on her human stairmaster
Baby mohawk
The girls love playing outside with Uncle Earl
Fun with Daddy
On Tuesday Riley's preschool class had a Thanksgiving feast
They worked on their table manners; the boys even pushed in the chairs for the girls
Fun with Great Grandma Charlotte
Grandma's famous Glorified Rice
Despite all our barriers and discouragement, Micaela is obsessed with climbing the stairs so we needed a gate
Unfortunately the bannisters flare out and are not square, so some modifications were needed. Fortunately 2 expert modifiers were on the job.
What happened here???
Meanwhile, I received some pie-baking lessons
The turkey is on!
Grandma Cathy and Great-Grandpa John hung up the lights
Amazingly, the pies came out of the oven like this
We enjoyed our Thanksgiving feast
Mommy and Micaela
Great Grandpa John and Riley relaxing after a big meal
Our little family
Micaela, Mommy, Riley and Grandma Cathy
Santa Claus, is that you?
With Grandma Cathy's help all our Christmas decorations (except the tree) are out
Chad and I solved the space issue so I'm finally able to upload the blog from last Thursday.
Our holiday week was full of visitors. Uncle Earl came the weekend before Thanksgiving. He barely got in the door before he was attacked by both girls and the dog, all wanting to climb all over him. Chad and I were a little more restrained but also enjoyed his visit. The boys stayed up late smoking 2 pork butts, we played outside and had a great time as always.
On Tuesday Riley's class had a Thanksgiving Feast. Each child contributed some part of the meal, they dressed up (some of the little boys wore ties which was so adorable) and practiced good manners. When I arrived most of the kids were finishing their food but slow-eating Riley still had a full plate. Chad says she reminds him of his Grandma Bonham in her eating habits. Her classmates all had their coats on and were leaving before I convinced her to take the rest home. Riley really enjoyed the feast, especially the story of the Mayflower and the Pilgrims' escape from the evil King. I was very impressed with all the details she repeated back to me.
My Mom and grandparents arrived on Tuesday to help us celebrate Thanksgiving. All 5 adults were very busy taking care of the kids, making the feast, decorating the house and doing other little odd jobs. It was very special to share this first Thanksgiving in our new home with family. Every year that we lived in CA Chad and I hosted friends for Thanksgiving. We really treasured all of those Thanksgivings and missed all our CA friends this year. We are very thankful for all of our wonderful friends and family!

No comments:
Post a Comment