Micaela is 42 weeks old!
Painting a pink cake at the children's museum
They have a fun area for the littler ones, too
The Huggies Happy Baby Garden (Kimberly Clark has several facilities in Appleton/Neenah)
Micaela figured out how to activate the orange segments.
My running partners and I head out while Riley is in preschool
Lucky Seamus, we have another vet in the house!
I don't have too many pictures this week because we've been laying low...both girls are sick. We had dinner with some new friends over the weekend and unfortunately their little one got sick and now we have it too. Micaela came down with it first, probably because she and her friend kept sticking fingers in each others mouths, and Riley came down with it 2 days later. This is Micaela's first illness and its so awful to see our usually happy, smiling baby sad and uncomfortable. Riley can communicate what hurts and gets some TV time so she's dealing with it quite well. It hasn't been too bad and I think Micaela is on the mend, so hopefully they will both be healthy by the weekend (fingers crossed that Chad and I somehow escape this).
In addition to her first illness, Micaela has had some other more positive milestones. Her 2nd tooth appeared. She is cruising all over the place and every now and stands by herself as she is moving from one piece of furniture to another. She is babbling like crazy and while "Dada" is still her word of choice she has several other syllables in her repertoire. One day I truly thought I heard her say "Riley" but assumed that wasn't possible, that I was just hearing what I wanted to hear. However, one of our friends heard it too, so I think she is actually trying to say her sister's name. She loves watching Riley and does her best to imitate her big sister. Micaela watched Riley give Seamus a medical exam and a little while later I saw her do the same thing. Riley is very good with her and as Micaela crawls up the stairs Riley cheers her on from the top, encouraging her to go the distance. There is, of course, some jealousy as they both fight for attention but overall they get along really well. These 2 girls just amaze me.
No comments:
Post a Comment