Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thurs. Nov. 24, 2011 - Happy Thanksgiving!

Daddy helped Riley grind corn.

We carried handfuls over to the turkeys...

...and fed them and the chickens.

Mommy and Riley with a really big turkey in the background

Resting on a bench at the farm

Riley loves to run down ramps!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


We've had a great week as a family of 3. Clorox shut down which means Chad had a forced vacation this week, so we had the chance to do all kinds of fun things. On Tuesday we attended Ardenwood Farm's Toddler Time where the featured animal was the turkey. After reading a story and learning about turkeys we shelled and ground corn and fed them. It was fun to see these beautiful birds...that we would be eating a few days later.

On Thursday we had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration. I never imagined the baby wouldn't be here, I thought we'd have a very new newborn or *maybe* be in the hospital, so we didn't invite as many friends as we usually do. As always, Chad grilled an amazing turkey. I had made some sides in advance and froze them and ordered prepared dishes for the rest. I wanted to keep it as easy as possible! We had a fantastic meal, relaxed and enjoyed our day.

Because I am overdue I go in for frequent monitoring and appointments with my OB. They check the baby's heart rate and movements and monitor my blood pressure, amniotic fluid levels and contractions (I have contractions all the time these days, they just keep dying out). We are both very healthy and doing great. I am still feeling really well. I go for long walks every day, keep busy and try not to think about being pregnant forever. Apparently this little turkey needs to cook a little longer so we are just waiting.

1 comment: